Spelt and Kamut are both ancient forms of wheat flour; they contain less gluten than regular wheat and may be appropriate for people with gluten and wheat sensitivities. Their slightly nuttier taste also works perfectly to accentuate the flavour of some of our favourite desserts like our delicious carrot cake! Please note that due to the design of our bakery and the amount of regular wheat flour that we use, there may be traces of wheat flour in all our baked goods. We cannot guarantee that any of our products are 100% wheat free.
- Date Squares – made with spelt flour, however they do have quick oats in them which may have some wheat flour
- Granola Bars – made with spelt flour
- Carrot Cakes & Cupcakes – made with spelt flour
- Muffins & Scones – we make one variety every day with spelt flour, call or click here to see what’s available today
- Friands – made with kamut flour, we make different flavours every week
- Cookies – we make some of our cookies with spelt flour, give us a call to see if we have any today or to place a special order
- Pantry Products – many of our pantry products like our nuts and jams do not directly contain any type of flour, drop by or give us a call to see what we have today
- Pies – we can make pies with a spelt crust if you order 24 to 48 hours in advance
We also make a Flourless Chocolate Torte which has no flour of any kind in it’s ingredients, however as it is made in our bakery there may still be traces of flour.
If you have more questions about our spelt or kamut baked goods, or if you’d like to place an order, give us a call at 519 827-0008 x 1